Friday, June 11, 2010

All Moved In!

Well, moving day has come and gone.  I finished the upholstery of the armchair and I've painted the coffee table and small chair.
Exhibit A:

Exhibit B (and C) :

 The apartment is absolutely incredible and I'm enjoying getting settled here.  Two days after I received the keys, though, I left for a five-day camping trip with my family.  I've been back for a little over a week now and things are already looking quite different.  When I moved in the living room and bedroom walls were a dish-soap green color and, thanks to some help from Mom, they are now a cool, clean gray.

Old color... not really working for me.

The gray is so much better.  Please disregard the move-in clutter.

On Monday I started a two-week printmaking course for summer school.  NDSU brings in a master printmaker every summer and each of the participants creates an edition for a portfolio exchange.  So, basically, I'll be receiving a dozen or so new lithographs!  Good thing I have lots of empty new walls.


As soon as I'm done with the class I'm going to start redoing the sofa.  The tired floral fabric is really an eyesore and everything will be much more cohesive once the sofa is wearing its new, sophisticated gray suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment